Birdy NPS 100
In 2016, we celebrated the centennial of the National Parks System with a visit to the first national monument, the first national park, and more spectacular NPS sites.
- Yellowstone Trip Itinerary Here’s the full itinerary for our 21-day trip from Missouri to Yellowstone. The only thing I would change is the addition of more days to the Tetons. We do keep a pretty quick pace on this kind of trip since we like to pack as much in as possible.
- Learn about the purpose of this journey and the meaning of its name as we hit the road in the post On the Road Again: #BirdyNPS100.
- On the Road Again: #BirdyNPS100 On-Ur-Wa camp campground in Onawa, Iowa, and a nice Lewis & Clark State Park.
- I-90 Roadside Attractions in Eastern S. Dakota: Fun stops at Sioux Falls, Porter Sculpture Park, and the Corn Palace
- Bold, Beautiful Badlands: We loved Badlands National Park. Find out why here
- I-90 Roadside Attractions in Western S. Dakota: Badland Ranch Store (feeding prairie dogs!), Wall Drug, and Minuteman Missile Sites.
- Mount Rushmore and More: Black Hills Part I: Mount Rushmore, the Crazy Horse Memorial, and the historic small towns in the area
- Custer State Park and More: Black Hills Part II: Custer State Park and Needles Highway
South Dakota Campground Reviews
- Devil Tower National Monument Beautiful geological wonder
- The Wild West Comes Alive in Cody, WY The Buffalo Bill Museum of the West and the Wild West town of Cody
- Yellowstone I: From Gate to Gate Buffalo Bill Scenic Byway and crossing the central section of the park as we moved from Cody to West Yellowstone.
- Yellowstone Part II: South Loop Highlights Midway Geyser Basin, Old Faithful, West Thumb, Fishing Bridge, and more
- Yellowstone Part III: North Loop Highlights Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Mammoth Hot Springs, and more
- Yellowstone Part IV: Plan Your Trip! My top trip-planning tips
- Grand Teton National Park My favorite park of the trip!
- Turning Lemons into Lemonade All about our vehicle breakdown in the Tetons and some highlights from Jackson Hole
- Dinosaurs & Hot Springs: Thermopolis, WY A quick stop to checkout the Wyoming Dinosaur Center and more. This post wraps up our journey
Wyoming Campground Reviews
- Devils Tower KOA
- Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone
- Colter Bay RV Park in the Grand Tetons
I’ve had the pleasure of appearing on the RV Family Travel Atlas and Campground of the Week podcasts. Here are the episodes relating to this trip:
- #NPS100: Yellowstone National Park Trip highlights and tips for planning your own trip
- Devils Tower KOA in Devils Tower, WY Campground review and regional highlights
- Rafter J Bar Ranch in the Black Hills of South Dakota Campground review and Black Hills highlights, including Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park
- Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone, WY Campground review for our Yellowstone basecamp and highlights from West Yellowstone
- Colter Bay RV Park in Grand Teton National Park Campground review and highlights from the Tetons