Birdy NPS 100
In 2016, we celebrated the centennial of the National Parks System with a visit to the first national monument, the first national park, and more spectacular NPS sites.
- Yellowstone Trip Itinerary Here’s the full itinerary for our 21-day trip from Missouri to Yellowstone. The only thing I would change is the addition of more days to the Tetons. We do keep a pretty quick pace on this kind of trip since we like to pack as much in as possible.
- Learn about the purpose of this journey and the meaning of its name as we hit the road in the post On the Road Again: #BirdyNPS100.
- On the Road Again: #BirdyNPS100 On-Ur-Wa camp campground in Onawa, Iowa, and a nice Lewis & Clark State Park.
- I-90 Roadside Attractions in Eastern S. Dakota: Fun stops at Sioux Falls, Porter Sculpture Park, and the Corn Palace
- Bold, Beautiful Badlands: We loved Badlands National Park. Find out why here
- I-90 Roadside Attractions in Western S. Dakota: Badland Ranch Store (feeding prairie dogs!), Wall Drug, and Minuteman Missile Sites.
- Mount Rushmore and More: Black Hills Part I: Mount Rushmore, the Crazy Horse Memorial, and the historic small towns in the area
- Custer State Park and More: Black Hills Part II: Custer State Park and Needles Highway
South Dakota Campground Reviews
- Devil Tower National Monument Beautiful geological wonder
- The Wild West Comes Alive in Cody, WY The Buffalo Bill Museum of the West and the Wild West town of Cody
- Yellowstone I: From Gate to Gate Buffalo Bill Scenic Byway and crossing the central section of the park as we moved from Cody to West Yellowstone.
- Yellowstone Part II: South Loop Highlights Midway Geyser Basin, Old Faithful, West Thumb, Fishing Bridge, and more
- Yellowstone Part III: North Loop Highlights Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Mammoth Hot Springs, and more
- Yellowstone Part IV: Plan Your Trip! My top trip-planning tips
- Grand Teton National Park My favorite park of the trip!
- Turning Lemons into Lemonade All about our vehicle breakdown in the Tetons and some highlights from Jackson Hole
- Dinosaurs & Hot Springs: Thermopolis, WY A quick stop to checkout the Wyoming Dinosaur Center and more. This post wraps up our journey
Wyoming Campground Reviews
- Devils Tower KOA
- Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone
- Colter Bay RV Park in the Grand Tetons
- #NPS100: Yellowstone National Park Trip highlights and tips for planning your own trip
- Devils Tower KOA in Devils Tower, WY Campground review and regional highlights
- Rafter J Bar Ranch in the Black Hills of South Dakota Campground review and Black Hills highlights, including Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park
- Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone, WY Campground review for our Yellowstone basecamp and highlights from West Yellowstone
- Colter Bay RV Park in Grand Teton National Park Campground review and highlights from the Tetons